Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter






Since I failed to take very many pictures between our Hawaii trip and now, the blog is up to date. After we returned, Sally stayed with us for a week. She felt that Vermont's cold and snowy winters may be preferable to Oregon's rainy and gray ones- it doesn't really rain all winter here (but don't ask my parents that- they saw a full month of it).

February and March have been uneventful. We had a quiet Valentine's day. We tried potty training over President's day weekend, and gave up a few weeks later (as you have already learned). I made my monthly trip to San Diego. Owen and Richard made a trip to the coast to visit Jimmy the octopus while I attempted to do our taxes. One weekend we took a day trip to the science center in Eugene- it happened to be a day when they had a special exhibit with lots of snakes and turtles. Owen and Richard were pleased.

It was clear here the night of the lunar eclipse, and we watched it from the porch. It made a big impact on Owen- he was pretty nervous about it. Richard has taught him the phases of the moon, and Owen wondered what phase was happening. Owen still talks about it, asking if there will be an eclipse at night. Not till 2010, so no reason to be scared.

It's been a little less rainy, so we've been able to go to the parks again. The bulbs and some trees are now blooming. The expanded deer family is active on our street, keeping Zoie alert.

We had a quiet Easter day. We went to the wrong Mass, so there were not the Easter Eggs on the lawn that I promised Owen afterward. We quickly hid some around the house, and that seemed fine with him. He was pleased that the Easter Bunny brought some toys and goldfish, though he is wondering where his candy is. Owen helped Richard make omelets for lunch. He likes to crack eggs and eat shredded cheese.

I'll share one more thing for now. Owen likes to write songs, and here are the words to the song he wrote for Richard:
Daddy has legs
Daddy has legs
Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy
Daddy has soap

I asked if he had a song for me, and it wasn't so nice. It went
Mommy has poo
Mommy has poo
Mommy Mommy Mommy Mommy
Mommy has poop

He found this very very funny. He seems to have forgotten about my version now, and I have not asked for another song. I know better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.