Sunday, March 8, 2009

volare




Owen, Ben and I took a trip to the coast today, to the aquarium and Hatfield Center. Above are some cell phone pics. In the last one you can see the silhouette of Owen's "I'm sad" lower lip, as he realizes I'm taking a picture (that's a harbor seal hoovering overhead). We had a nice day with an Oregon mixed bag of weather: snow, sleet, hail, rain, and intense sunshine. This was Ben's first trip to the aquarium and Owen enjoyed showing him around. Ben mostly enjoyed screaming.

Did I mention that Owen likes Dean Martin? It started with a Rat Pack Christmas CD in Richard's car (for the past year +). For Valentine's Day, I got Owen a Dean Martin "Amore" CD, which is now all he wants to listen to. So on the hour trip to the coast, Owen wanted me to play "Volare" the entire time. Not the worst song, but I wonder if I'll ever get it out of my head. Luckily for me the CD's in Richard's car, not mine...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the lip! Looks like you and the boys had a great time.