Monday, January 12, 2009

more grandpa time





I don't have a picture of Ben sleeping peacefully in his crib yet, since he hasn't slept peacefully in his crib yet. But I'm sure we will get there. Dad built this crib for Susie, and I slept in it, as did Owen and Laurel. Now it's Ben's turn. Dad got a plaque made for each of us and added Ben's this week. In the picture in the crib, Ben is wearing Owen's coming home outfit. I figured it was now or never.
Dad flew home to Virginia this morning to continue renovating his home. When we visit this summer, he'll have a brand new front area- new kitchen, floors, ceilings, walls. Owen and I were talking about visiting Grandpa in June and he told me to make sure I remembered to pack his swimsuit. We had a great time having him here for the holidays and for Ben's first week. We all benefited from Grandpa time.

No comments: